A haiku of what I do
Doodling on bags
Hello I’m David Laferriere, a designer, illustrator with geek-like tendencies. I believe in designing for the reader and every print job should be built so it can be repurposed for different mediums. I also draw on my kids’ sandwich bags, experiment with ChromaDepth 3D Art, anamorphic art, make cut-n-fold paper things and mess around with WordPress.
- Graphic designer in the Marketing and Communications office at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts.
- Design and produce 4 alumni magazines a year.
- Visually support content with well thought out page designs, maps, information graphics and illustrations.
- The end user, the reader, is who I design for.
- Software: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, After Effects, WordPress, Google drive, Word, and Excel.
- Former newspaper page one and features designer including maps, infographics and illustration.
- Rhode Island School of Design, BFA Illustration.
- Board member and president of the Attleboro Arts Museum.
- Board member of the Attleboro Farmers Market.
- February-April 2018, Sandwich Bag Art, Evelyn Silva Gallery, Hill-Roberts Elementary School, Attleboro, MA
- November 2015, ChromaDepth 3D piece, Then and Now exhibition at the Attleboro Arts Museum
- March 30-April 5, 2013, Sandwich Bag Exhibit in Madrid, Spain
- March 2012, I exhibited my ChromaDepth 3D works in the Community Gallery at the Attleboro Arts Museum.
- 2010, exhibited in the juried show, Seeing Double, at the Attleboro Arts Museum.